THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS OPEN TO:
- Artists from Quebec, Canada, or abroad;
- Professional status;
- Coming from any discipline and working with any medium;
- With a good level of technological autonomy (but not necessarily in AI);
- Present a fairly well-defined project proposal that can be completed in four weeks.
As part of its AI Workshop, Sporobole is launching a call for research and creative projects focusing on the tools and challenges of artificial intelligence. The aim of this call is to offer a four-week creative residency to a professional artist. For the duration of the residency, the artist will be accompanied by one of Sporobole’s technology developers. This call is open to artists of all disciplines. Given the short duration of the residency, projects must be fairly clearly defined. The projects proposed can be of any nature, touching as much on critical issues linked to artificial intelligence as on the use or detour of its tools.
Two proposals will be selected for this section. A second call for projects is planned for the years 2025-2026, and will be launched in autumn 2024.
Conditions of residency:
- Four-week residency;
- Between February and December 2024;
- Flexible schedule;
- Residency fee of $875/week (total: $3,500 for four weeks);
- Transportation costs: $150 per stay, up to a maximum of $300 (artists from outside Canada must find their own sources of funding for transportation to Quebec);
- Accommodation in Sporobole’s residences;
- Access to Sporobole’s equipment and laboratories;
- Technological support from one of Sporobole’s developers for 25 hours per week of residency ($12,500 value).