THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS OPEN TO:
- Artists residing in Quebec;
- Professional status;
- Coming from any discipline and working with any medium;
- With a fairly good knowledge of technology (but not necessarily AI);
- Able to take time off during the periods specified in this form.
As part of its Chantier IA program, Sporobole is launching a call for research and creative projects focusing on the tools and challenges of artificial intelligence. The aim of this call is to bring together, for a period of eight weeks, a cohort of three artists from any discipline, who will work in parallel on the research and development of their respective projects. Throughout the residency, the cohort will be accompanied by one of Sporobole’s developers. The aim of this call for projects is to enable three artists to deepen their knowledge and open up a space for experimentation and knowledge sharing around AI-related technologies. Given the exploratory and collective nature of the call, projects submitted may focus more on process and experimentation than on expected results.
- 8-week residency;
- Between December 2023 and March 2024;
- 1 week in December 2023;
- 2 weeks in January 2024;
- 3 weeks in February 2024;
- 2 weeks in March 2024;
- Slightly flexible schedule;
- Residency fee of $875/week (total: $7000 for 8 weeks);
- Transportation costs: $150 per stay up to a maximum of $750;
- Accommodation in Sporobole’s residences;
- Access to Sporobole’s equipment and laboratories;
- Technological support from one of Sporobole’s developers for 25 hours per week of residency for the entire cohort (value of $25,000).