THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS OPEN TO:
- Artists from Quebec, or Canada;
- Professional status;
- Primarily from the following disciplines: visual arts, sound arts, digital arts, media arts (other disciplines will be considered);
- With a minimum level of technological knowledge (but not necessarily in AI);
- Presenting a project with a strong focus on exploration and experimentation.
As part of its AI Workshop, Sporobole is launching a call for research and creative projects focusing on the tools and challenges of artificial intelligence. The aim of this call is to offer a 10-week creative residency to a professional artist. During the residency, the artist will be accompanied by one of Sporobole’s technology developers.This call is primarily aimed at visual, sound, media and digital artists, but projects from other disciplines will also be considered. Given the duration of the residency, projects may include a significant exploratory dimension. The projects proposed can be of any nature, touching as much on critical issues linked to artificial intelligence as on the use or detour of its tools.
Only one proposal will be accepted for this section. A second call for projects is planned for the years 2025-2026, and will be launched in autumn 2024.
Terms of residency:
- 10-week residency;
- Between February and December 2024;
- Flexible schedule;
- Residency fee of $875/week (total: $8750 for 10 weeks);
- Transportation costs: $150 per stay up to a maximum of $750;
- Accommodation in Sporobole residences;
- Access to Sporobole equipment and laboratories;
- Technological support from one of Sporobole’s developers for 25 hours per week of residency (value of $30,000).